How to Christmas-ify your Mac Desktop
It’s the end of November, and is now socially acceptable to put the tree up and listen to Christmas music (though I have been doing this for weeks already)!
Here are some resources to make your Desktop Rockin’! (…around the Christmas tree).
Desktop wallpaper resources:
The best part, how to customise your desktop icons!
Here are a bunch of ICNS files ready for you to use for whatever you want!
Download zip file of Christmas ICNS icons
How to replace your icons
- Go to your application in finder that you want to change the icon of
- Right click (control + click) and select “show package contents”
- Go into Contents > Resources
- Find your current app icon and rename it to something (so you don’t lose it)
- Put your Christmas icon in there with the same name as the original icon
See my snazy dock below…
When you want to put your original back, just remove the Christmas one and give the original the correct name again.
Note: don’t do this for Skype. I have tried about 3 times and each time it breaks the application.